Friday, December 14, 2007

Poor baby

My little one with allergies had his first bloody nose again since we started giving him allergy medicine. It probably happened because I forgot to give him his meds the day before. Oops! At least he's a good sport about it. He's happy no matter what (well, at least if he gets to play his x-box).
Does Christmas make anyone else go Ugh!!? It seems like we have plenty of money all year round until Christmas. Thats when it all goes away and hides until we get our tax return in Feb. I wonder where it all goes. I have a theory that all the dollars get togeather and take a vacation in Hawaii. Wouldn't you? Oh well. It does make us appreciate what we do get to give our kids and others for Christmas.
So, we've been eating less meat lately. Not no meat just less. I don't even notice now when a meal doesn't have meat in it. Last night we ate a yummy creamy cauliflower soup. It was so good. Perfect for a cold day. You just saute some onions in butter. Add flour and boil. Then add 2 cups of chicken broth. Boil till thick. Add 2 cups half and half and a little worshtershire sauce. Then add 1 bag of frozen cauliflower. Boil again then add 1 cup of cheese. Serve with more cheese on top and yum. If you have some good bread to go with it then more power to you. Sorry I don't measure. If you like it thicker add more flour at the beginning. It's that easy.
I hope your money doesn't go on vacation and that this season finds you happy and well.

3 comments:

Zumba Girl said...

Yummy!! I am going to try this.

Zumba Girl said...

Tag, you're it. Go to my blog to check out the rules.

We Makes 3 said...

Hey! I didn't know you were blogging! Sweet, another address for my list. I totally agree with you about $$$ taking a vaction when you need it most.