Thursday, September 24, 2009

Broken "A" string

So I've become a little obcessed with playing the cello. I bought a new "G" string and thought I would do a little maintenance while I was replacing the string. While I was retuning the thing I pulled too quickly on my "A" string and snap!!! It broke so I have to wait till a new string arrives to play many of the pieces I've been working on. I try to play them lower but It just isn't the same. Boo Hoo.
I'm feeling a little overworked. I really think it is because my kids get so much homework at their new school. It takes them at least an hour every day to get it done. I feel like I'm in high school again. They are only 7 and 8. What is the point of homework at that age anyway? Oh well. A bit of happy news this community has so many activities coming up for the next couple of months. They have a community trunk or treat on the 24th of Oct. I'm so glad it's not on Halloween. I am excited to live in a real neighborhood again. My kids can actually go trick-or-treating for real! How Fun! Boy #2 wants to be the grim reaper ewww! Boy #3 doesn't know yet and boy#4 wants to be a green skeleton. I love Halloween.

2 comments:

singing/granny said...

That's so funny that you broke another string:) Maybe the cello is a little like the motorhome, and the strings get old when you don't use them enough (ha, ha!) I hear you on the homework! I used to think it was silly to give little kids homework. I still do. Oh well, I am in the minority I guess. You could take around a parent's petition to ban homework! Hope you are having fun anyway!

Ashleigh said...

oooooh, I bet your hubby loves your new "G string"! ha Ha.....was that totally inappropriate? ;-)