Sunday, August 15, 2010

Super sad news

I don't even know what to say. We have lost the girls. The cheif of the village decided that he wasn't going to allow any adoptions from his village all of a sudden. We don't know why. His decision halted seven children from being adopted. We are heartbroken. Sorry it has been so long since my last post but getting back in the swing of things was taking awhile and then we got hit with this news so I wasn't ready to face it just yet. I know all things happen for a reason and I am sure there are other children for us I just need to process it because I felt like these were my daughters. I still want to help their village but don't know how. Anyway pray for them.

We are probably moving. We got permission from our landlord to go ahead and find a place. We are trying to keep it cheap this time so we can be free to do fun things in the future. We found a house we like that we are going to put an offer on. Wish us luck because we have put offers on two houses already and have been out offered if that is even a term. We just decided to look at houses that are actually in our price range instead of a little over.

Well I hope things are well with all of you. Good luck with whatever adventure you are in the middle of.

2 comments:

singing/granny said...

Love you! When things get tough I like Proverbs 3:5-6. I feel sad too. But a window will open...watch for it:) Love you forever...Like you for always!!!! Mom

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Oh wow I'm so sorry to hear about your adoption falling through :(. You have an amazing attitude about it though. Keep your chin up!