Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not moving after all

Well our landlord has changed his mind and decided he is not going to let us out of our lease. I'm not too sad about it. I didn't really want to move anyway. We were just trying to find a way to make ends meet. Oh well, We are going to be certified foster parents by next month so that will help... or kill me. Maybe I will sell some songs or #1 man will finish the book he is writing. We'll see.
We started our training for foster care Tues. night. It brought back a lot of memories. I'm suprised that people are so shocked by the behavior of some of the kids in protective custody. Yes poo becomes a tool to test boundaries. I guess because I've seen what abuse does to kids and what taking kids away from their parents does to kids I'm not suprised by the stories I hear. I'm not excited to clean more messes and repair damaged things but the classes remind me why the Lord needs families who are willing to go through something hard to better the lives of those who need help. These kids need to know what a healthy family looks like. Most have never seen one. I remember when we got our group of kids that were a part of our family for years. It was two weeks before Christmas. We were so excited to give them a nice Christmas. The look on their faces that morning was pure shock and disbeleif. I don't think they had ever had a proper Christmas. The memories I have from foster care are varried. Some were awful. Some I will carry around with me my whole life. You don't forget your brothers and sisters even if they aren't biologically or even legally yours. Now that I will be in the parent role instead of the sibling role I hope I am up to the challenge. I really can do hard things with the Lord.

5 comments:

♥The Balzens♥ said...

You are seriously a brave woman! Good luck with being a foster parent!

singing/granny said...

I am glad you don't have to move. Sorry that your payments don't automatically go down. And excited and a little apprehensive that you are going to do foster care. I guess I would say it was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done. Funny how it goes hand in hand! Love you!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

I think it is awesome that even with a houseful of your own little ones you are willing to reach out to those in need. Best of luck to you my dear!

Just Only Me said...

You're going to ROCK as a foster mom. You're loving and gentle and wonderful, just what the children need. So excited for you!

Kami said...

Hey, you sound like us. We have moved every year of our marriage as well! :) I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog..I found you through Megan. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Congrats on becoming Foster parents..that is exciting!
Kami