Monday, January 7, 2008

Ode to a good man

I have been married to my sweet love now for almost 8 years. I am so happy that I found him and made the decision to marry him. He is truly a good man. Of course I also think he's hot and sexy but what I really value in him is that he cares about all of us and wants us to be happy before himself. Our marriage only works though because he knows I try to do the same for him. If one us us started worrying more about our own happiness than the others then someone's needs won't be met. Marriage is all about selflessness. Selflessness, not the other person's selflessness. I know we are not perfect in it but we are both in it, committed to making the other one blissfully happy. Through service comes true love! I love you sweetheart!
Snow snow, I love snow! I'm so glad for it. What is the point of cold without snow. My two older boys went back to school today and I am bored again. I loved having them home. They really are good boys. They try so hard to do what is right. They may not always understand what that is (like that hitting someone with a lightsaber even if they are the bad guy is still hitting), but they try hard to do what they interpret as the right thing.
I guess I'm just really happy with my life, not because I'm doing what I always dreamed I would be but because I find myself excited to wake up in the morning and see what is going to happen. As I was planning my life I never would have guessed that in the middle of being completely exhausted endless diapers along with endless demands I would find my true self. I don't always love everything I have to deal with in this place in my life but I can honestly say that I am happy. I am happy because I choose to be. I choose to only acnowledge the good things in my life and hope for the bad to get better. May you all find good in the bad today and recognise it!

1 comment:

Zumba Girl said...

Ahhh trew wove!!! We are gathered togetha.... to talk about how much we love snow and each other!!! You rock!!