Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh the Places WE Go

 Hey everybody. How's it going? Just thought I'd share some pics of what we've been up to lately.
 We have been eating a lot of Ghanaian food like banku and okra soup. It's pretty good. I must say that Josie cooks it better than I do.
 We have all learned how to wrap Naia. We have decided to call Nadia Naia just because Nadi is confusing when you are trying to tell a two year old not to be naughty and that is her name. So Naia it its and she loves it. Jacob Nic and Randy have all learned to wrap Naia although she isn't asking to be wrapped as much as she did the first few days she was home.
 Here is our first snow of the season. Interesting that the season is fall. We have enjoyed the early winters that come with living here in Utah but will be glad when we move back to less snow.
 We made our traditional huge snowman and forts for a big snowball fight.
 Josie was soooooo cold. She still is. She is always wearing a jacket or sweater. I guess I am too with the cold weather we've been having.
 This picture just proves I was there.
 We got Josie's hair done. I love it!!!!! It's called a crochet for all the other white people out there. It's called that because they cornrow all of her real hair and then take fake braids and use a crochet hook to tie them into her rows. The things I never knew before. I'm just really excited we don't have to do anything but grease it for three months! Yeah!! I want to do it to my hair. I don't think it would be the same.
 We went to the Layton Surf'n'swim. I love going there. During the cold months they cover the pool with a big dome. It is a wave pool and it gets really shallow just like the beach.
 Here is my sweet hubby. So CUTE!
It's a great place and it's cheap!
Another of our favorite places is the treehouse museum. We bought a season pass because for all of us it is only $100 for the whole year.
 Everybody loves going. I love that they can make a mess and it isn't at home. Ha!
 They have so many different themed places on two floors with a huge tree in the middle that you climb through.
 My kids love the dress as heroes station and the western area.
 Yee ha!
 Howdy.
 Naia loves the hospital station because there are baby dolls. Josie and Jacob love the art room.
This music room is great but really loud!!!! We will be spending lots of time there until we move. Well we will keep doing fun things and taking pictures.
By the way our Thanksgiving was awesome! Although it was just our family we still had nine and it was loud and great. I made everything that we traditionally do. I was fun to make all our favorites like layered jello salad and candied yams. I miss my family lots though and we are looking forward to Christmas when we will get to see most of them.

2 comments:

singing/granny said...

Thanks for posting all of those great pictures! I love Josie's hair! And it was fun to see everyone having so much fun!!! Miss you terribly, but I am looking forward to seeing you soon. Love you, Mom

mommajeane said...

I loved seeing your girls home with you. Our 3 loved the snow we had but Stella ( Selah) prefers the warmer weather. You all look very happy together.Merry Christmas!